Thursday, June 25, 2009

Tummy time!

Yay!

Now that we've had N around for a while, we're all starting to get comfortable together. We've figured out some of the things he likes a lot. For example, he really likes to be hoisted over your shoulder, a lot like a bag of flour. So when I walk around with him, I hold him this way. He likes it.

One word of caution. Holding a baby who has just eaten over your shoulder in such a manner can result in spit up down your back. I fully knew this, but did it anyway. I just accepted that I would periodically have to change my shirt. What I never expected was to have spit up run all the way down my back, into not just my shorts, but also my undies. This required a full wardrobe change.

So I still carry the little man around like a sack of flour. Just not immediately after meals.

4 comments:

Mrs. Robinson said...

I love the picture. I have it on my phone now! This face is adorable.

The Blevins' said...

Seriously, cutest little guy ever!! He has so much personality and so soon! The things you will endure as a mom always amaze me...spitup in the undies...that's a nice one!!

Sarah, Blake, Evan, Julia said...

Lessons learned the hard way ;-) I love that story. Blake totally carried the babies around like this and they loved it. I think it feels good on their tummies.

The Falcones said...

He's sooooooo cute! He's going to be like 3 years old before his cousin decideds to arrive!!! = ) Can't wait to see them together!