Sunday, June 7, 2009

N's first road trip

This weekend was a big trip for all of us. For the first time in his three and a half weeks of life, N packed it up and went with us on a road trip to my grandparents. Turns out that driving an hour and a half with E, Zoee, and me is much less complicated than travelling with E, Zoee, me, and N. N has more paraphernalia than most minor league hockey teams. After jamming the car full of all sorts of baby items, Zoee was demoted to riding in the cargo area with the Pack-n-Play, and E ended up riding in the back with N. I got to drive (yay!) with all the luggage in the front. Despite this, I'm still rebelling against the notion of a minivan. Even one with racing stripes.
Anyway, my mom and stepdad drove in for the visit (read: to see their grandson) and Mom had created a fabulous cake in honor of moms everywhere. I'm very impressed with her cake-preparation skills. Thanks Mom!

After we got home, I was feeding N and hanging out with E on the couch. N finished eating and then I spent a little time bouncing him around. (He quite likes being jiggled.) After a few minutes, I decided that since I hang out with the little guy all week, I should let E have some fun. I handed him over, and he immediately spit up all over the place. Er, all over E. Then he got really upset and proceeded to cry quite a bit and require a diaper change.
E accuses me of filling up the baby and shaking him up like a soda can in some kind of sick baby spit-up joke. I have to admit, it was pretty hilarious - even though I will defend to my grave that I didn't do it on purpose.

3 comments:

Meve & Co. said...

I found myself actually "checking out" a red minivan the other day...our minivan days are far from over...=)

The Blevins' said...

Okay we are probably getting a minivan...lets just say good gas mileage, lots of space for the dogs and babies, and well heck everyone else is doing it. Anywho, congrats on your first road trip. You look FABULOUS!! You can't even tell you gave birth 3 1/2 weeks ago!! Good job using your treadmill.

Mrs. Robinson said...

I'm so jealous I missed it. Can't wait to see you guys.