Sunday, June 8, 2008

Tag-tastic

I have become engaged in the online blogger's equivalent of the grade school game of tag. Because I love all games grade-school, I'm participating. Rules: Answer the following questions about yourself. At the end of the post you pass on the questions to 6 other people. Write them a comment telling them that they've been tagged and ask them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know that you've accepted the challenge and refer to your post.

Here it goes:

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was seventeen, living in the big ol' burg of LJ, and spending a great deal of time playing soccer, hanging out with friends, and trying to pretend that the next year of being seniors in high school was going to be the most amazing thing ever, even though since then I have had many other most amazing things ever. I'm pretty sure you can't ever have enough of those. Just yesterday I had the most amazing afternoon ever, and it was deemed as such because I was able to consume a root beer float sno-cone. Sno-cones make summer for me. Anyway, ten years ago I was trying to study, trying to grow up, and trying trying trying to make that all important decision - should we go to the mall or the beach today? (Hey, it was summer and I was in high school.)

2. Five items on today's "to do" list:
  • Clean the house (check - thanks to my helpful hubby it only took half the time!)
  • Buy groceries so that I don't have to spend the week eating saltine crackers and mustard for lunch. It's not as delicious as it sounds.
  • See a movie. We've been trying to see a movie for a while, and today is the day.
  • Afternoon visit with the in-laws. They're coming down to see us! Yay family!
  • Make dinner with the hubby. We're grilling. Something fantastic happens when you grill corn-on-the-cob. It's more than cooking. It's voodoo magic that will make you never want corn any other way.
3. What snacks do you enjoy?
Lately I've been eating a ton of Olive Oil and Cracked Pepper Triskets with low-fat Babybel cheese. But it's summer, so also lots of grapes and nectarines. I love nectarines. And miniature watermelons. Mmmmm. Oooh, homemade guacamole and baked Tostitos. This isn't a good question to answer when you're hungry...

4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
Someone is making me a billionaire? That's AWESOME! Well, first I'm going to pay off the mortgage and the cars and the student loans... Debt, gone! While I'm at it, I think I'll pay off all the family mortgages too. I don't want them to feel stressed out. And I would take that month-long vacation to Australia and New Zealand that I want to do, and take the hubby to the UK like he wants to do. Any family members want to come? It's on us! And because my friend K says that Spain is the most amazing place on the planet (one of, anyway), I think I would have to visit there. Then I think I would spend a lot of time floating around in a lake on a boat. We'd have a couple - one for skiing, one for floating, and one for sailing. I figure I've got a lot of time, I can learn how to sail. Oh, and I'd finally take golf lessons so that I can drive the ball straight.

5. Where would you live?

As a billionaire? I think I'd live right where I do. I love our house. Really. I love it. But I would hire painters to come and paint. And an interior decorator to help me know what I want to do to the place. We'd probably have an extra house in the hill country somewhere, and in the Cinque Terre. Look at this place! How can you not want to live there? The best gelato we had in all of Italy was in the yellowish building right next to the pink building on the end. According to the rules, I'm supposed to make six other people be "it" now. That's different than playground tag, where there's one "it", but okay. Here goes. I'll tag the Bergers, the Bierhalters, Lauren and Phil, and the Denneys. That's not six. But it's going to have to do.

2 comments:

Sarah, Blake, Evan, Julia said...

Miss Amanda -
I hope you will forgive my unwillingness to participate in the tag game. I just can't find the time/motivation. Maybe another time ;-))

Lauren & Phil said...

I participated!!