Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Little indulgences

My absolute favorite summer dessert is blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice cream (Blue Bell, naturally). This weekend in a swirl of company, I couldn't help myself and created a masterpiece of decadent dessert-y goodness. Tart, sweet, flaky, and absolutely fabulous when warm with a scoop of creamy homemade vanilla perfection. The recipe is my step-mother's, and I'm quite certain she does a better job with it than me, but I'm starting to get the impressive top crust arrangement down. It's quite exciting. Because company can only eat so much cobbler, we had plenty left over.

I can't stand to partake of a fattening evening on my own, so I supplied my puppy with a new rawhide. For a dog who has been on a diet for four months, we've entered Nirvana. This is her Valhalla, please do not disturb.

No comments: