Monday, May 5, 2008

People I can't understand at the gym

There are a ton of people at our gym in the afternoon. Most of them, say 90%, are there because they realize not being there has dire circumstances like chubby bellies and a fear of the nearby lake due to the bathing suits is calls for. The smaller minority I just don't understand. Today I got to stand between two sets of people while trying to lift weights. The first are the ridiculously over-tanned men who I'm quite sure oiled themselves up before hitting the gym floor. They have upper bodies that bulge with veins and legs that look like little toothpicks, and because of this they are often seen wearing pants. The two next to me today were very - grunty. On the other side of me were two high school aged girls. These girls, I'm quite certain, did not understand how to use the gym. They mostly stood there and held 5 lb weights in their hands while ogling the high school boy next to them who had just pulled up his sleeves to check out his ginormous biceps (ha) as he did curls.

I just don't understand the gym. Just get in and get out. There's no need for all this oil. Seriously people.

No comments: