Friday, May 2, 2008

Life in a cube farm


For those of you who haven't had the thrilling experience that is living in a cubicle for nine hours out of the day, it's can be pretty interesting. Enter me, wearing heels that click every time I take a step. Click-click-click-click-click-sit. After sitting, I hear a mystery voice which I quickly realize is the voice of male-cube-wall-mate #1. He says to me, "You couldn't sneak up on anyone in those shoes! I try not to wear my shoes like that to the office anymore. Haha!" I, of course, am used to life in actual offices rather than cubes, so I don't understand why he wouldn't at least PRETEND that the cloth particle boards separating us are real walls. Don't get me wrong. I like the guy. But seriously, walk around the flimsy particle board to inundate me with funny social banter. As I am getting ready to respond, I hear male-cube-wall-mate #2 say, "You just wear your heels at home now?" which prompts cube-wall-mate #3 to bust into uncontrollable laughter. Soon everyone in the bay is laughing.

All because I wore heels to work. Click-click.

No comments: