Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Did I hear you correctly?

Tonight I went to a soccer game to meet my new indoor team. I'll start playing with them next week. So tonight, there I am... The Spectator. I'm itching - just itching - to get on the field. Alas, one more week of waiting.

My new team lost, unfortunately, with a score of 3-2. Despite that they all seemed in good spirits when I talked with them after the game. I am thinking, "I have managed to find the team of people who know how to play hard and then let it go after it's over! This is fantastic! I am going to love this!"

Just at this moment two of the women start talking to each other. The one says, "Hey, nice star tattoo. It's cool." The other now says, "Thanks, I had to cover up a prison tat."

Are they serious? Is this a way to induct me into the team? Is she really some hardened criminal turned soccer player? Only time will tell.

Regardless, I get to play soccer next week!

No comments: