Monday, May 11, 2009

Four am... Feeding?

Today is the day we head to the doctor to start the whole labor and delivery process. Understandably, I'm a bit strung up about this. I'm excited, nervous, overjoyed, and terrified all at the same time. It's difficult for one person to have so many feelings at once.

This morning I woke up at 3 am. This isn't out of the ordinary, I typically wake up at that time of day to visit the facilities. This morning is different though, as I find myself completely incapable of falling back to sleep. I tossed and turned for about an hour, until I decided that I was too awake and too hungry to sleep. Apparently Zoee was feeling the same way, so the two of us got up and headed to the kitchen. A little bit of breakfast, and I couldn't help but realize that in just a few days, I'm going to be awake to feed some other little one - not just myself and my puppy dog.

Wow - It's pretty overwhelming.

3 comments:

The Blevins' said...

Can't wait...i am praying for you guys. i know this must be all overwhelming. Congrats!! You are going to be a great mom.

Sarah, Blake, Evan, Julia said...

Thinking about you girl . . . Yes, you will have a different take on nighttime feedings soon, but also someone very precious to share it with. Can't wait!

Lauren Eastburn said...

Amanda - We're sending prayers your way!!! You are going to be such an awesome mom! :) Can't wait to meet Nathan!