Monday, May 18, 2009

E's take on poo

E again. I'll be helping out with the blogging and other activities around the house while my amazing wife does what only a mother can (breast feeding). Trust me, N has tried getting a little bit of chow out of me, but all he got was a mouthful of shirt. I try not to go shirtless when I hold him so he doesn't get too much fiber in his diet by way of chest hair.

So as you've seen in other posts, we have a Baby Bjorn. I kind of like it. I can carry my little man around and he just snuggles down into it and goes to sleep. I feel like I am now part of the whole baby experience. I can successfully care for our son in such a way that he doesn't just scream and cry until A picks him up. There is but one drawback to this lovely bonding/carrying device. I personally think it shakes the poo down his GI tract.

How have I come to this extraordinary hypothesis? After our first outing we came home and immediately were blessed with a scrunchy face and shortly there after, a fully loaded diaper. Today the process has repeated itself. After about 28 or 30 more observations I'll be able to provide a statistically significant sampling of this event. Hopefully we'll be able to conclude if a ride in the Baby Bjorn promotes poo or not.

This has provided me a nice segue into the title of this blog. My take on poo is that well ... it's fun. At least that is what I tell myself every time I'm wiping N clean. Everyone has their coping mechanisms. Mine is denial. Well maybe not denial. After Baby Bjorn outing number 2 (yes this is a pun) I found myself laughing at the explosive gusto in which N was able to fill his diaper. If you had been holding him when this happened you would have laughed out loud too.

Now I will finish my little rant with some pictures of my awesome little family.


No comments: