Thursday, October 1, 2009

A cuckoo clock?

See me, sitting in my office, door locked, pumping breastmilk and working away. (Remember, my pump makes a pheew whump noise?) Very busy. Very efficient. Bottles balanced on my knees, crouched over the keyboard, hiding behind my locked door. Thinking this isn't all that bad, actually, because I'm getting a lot done and not getting interrupted.

*ring ring*

---
A: Hello? pheew whump

Coworker: Hey! I'm at an offsite but here's some info you needed

A: Oh thanks. That's super helpful! I'm gld that you called! pheew whump

Coworker: Do you have a cuckoo clock in your office?

A: No, why? pheew whump

Coworker: Do you hear that noise? It sounds like a cuckoo clock going off. Maybe it's the connection.

A: Er, yeah, probably just the connection. pheew whump

---
Pumping at work is an adventure.

2 comments:

The Blevins' said...

i so appreciate the pumping noise now and the balancing of the bottles on the knees. I am working on my multitasking pumping skills myself. I tell you what it takes true talent to get it all in order. So way to go. That is a hilarious story. I got your message today. Thank you so much for calling. I will call back I promise!

The Falcones said...

Ladies!!! Get the hands free bra! There is no need for balancing! It works best if you wear it upside down. FYI- it shrinks a lot when you wash it. I have the large!