Monday, September 28, 2009

Our little monkey

So this past weekend we had some birthday celebrations... They involved sushi, a wine party, and generally a bunch of things I wasn't allowed to do while I was pregnant. I had some delicious cupcakes (see below) and the best gift EVER from my loving hubby. He handed me a couple of earplugs, turned off the baby monitor, and tucked me in before marching out to sleep on the couch and listen for baby nighttime needs. A night of full uninterrupted sleep... Something I never thought I was going to be so desparate for. It was amazing. He must truly love me.
My little man had a birthday gift for me too, albiet a little belated. Not to jinx it, but last night he slept from 7 pm until 5:15 am all on his own. No parental involvement whatsoever. I hope this continues - but who knows.

In other news, we're all ready for Halloween here. Our little guy is going to properly represent as a little monkey. I think he's about as adorable as they come in his little outfit, but you be the judge. He's even got a banana. Which he really does chew on. Yum. Cloth banana.
Interesting - N is about the same size as his stuffed monkey. They look eerily similar when he's all suited up.

Even E agrees that this is a fabulous costume - and he's not typically all that into costumes and whatnot. But check out that face. He's awesome! (Also note that he's a tiny clone of E. E is super handsome, so that's totally fine with me.)

5 comments:

Jennelle and Greg said...

So cute!

Rory-n-Jeremy said...

I love the monkey Halloween costume!! =) I would give him all of my candy if he came to my door! =)

Sarah, Blake, Evan, Julia said...

cutest little monkey ever! way to go N on the sleep - keep it up!

Lauren & Phil said...

OHmyGOSH that is the most precious thing ever! How adorable!

The Blevins' said...

Happy late birthday by the way. He is precious. The monkey outfit is adorable.