Sunday, October 4, 2009

N's baptism

This weekend the whole family (and some friends) came in for N's baptism. It was kind of a big production, complete with little white tuxedo and everything. It's not quite a wedding, but when you're only two feet tall and can't quite walk yet, you don't really need a dancing reception after. A party at home works just fine. Anyway, here N is getting some pointers from E on how to handle being in front of the whole church. I think he was taking it pretty seriously, understanding the whole scope of what he was taking on and all that.


Here's N getting ready to be baptized - E is doing a good job of holding him. Check out his godparents (my brother and E's sister) in the background.
Like a wedding, you do all the family pictures after. Here's me and E with N and both sets of my parents (MamaQ and Grumps and Pops and Gigi). Check out N's fantastic white tux. He was a real ladies man. The only guy getting baptized with four little ladies - he was definitely flirting with everyone, which seemed a little inappropriate given the importance of the whole event, but what can you say to a five (almost) month old?
Here we are again with E's parents (Nana and Granddad).
Here we are with the godparents...
Here's a picture with my dad, my brother, and my Grammy. Somehow my sister-in-law, N's cousin C, and my sister managed to avoid all these pictures, though I'm not entirely sure how.

After all this church-y-ness, we headed back to my house where the boys promptly went to bed and the rest of us threw a party in their honor. My dad grilled shrimp, E made fantastic potato tortes, there was more dessert than any reasonable person could handle, and everyone had fun. Then, like the good exhausted new parents we are, the whole thing wound do so that we could be in bed by 10 pm. We still can live it up, just not quite as late as we used to...

1 comment:

Mrs. Robinson said...

We managed to avoid them because we were all together taking pictures. LOL. I'm sure we'll get plenty at X-mas though.