Saturday, August 15, 2009

N goes swimming!

Today we had a playdate with our friends the Nelsons. We met over at their community pool and a picnic complete with BBQ from a local joint called Big Daddy's. After eating (but not waiting a complete half hour *gasp*), we jumped in the pool. As N is only three months old, this was a total first for him. Fortunately for us, the Nelsons have a baby who is about the same age as N and he was able to borrow a suit. Would he like it?

Absolutely. He loooovvveeed it. Apparently floating around in water is about the best thing ever. Here he is immediately after getting in:
He got to cuddle with both me and E, so here he is with E...
Look how content he looks. I'm pretty sure he'd have just fallen asleep if we had hung out long enough and his diaper hadn't become ridiculously saturated with pool water.
Here's E and N hanging out with M and P. Sometime very soon it's going to be awesome to get N and P together. They're going to have such a blast. Right now they just kind of chill out. Apparently babies love swimming though. Who knew? I see this as the first of many visits to the pool. Water babies, anyone? The local Y offers Aqua Tots... I see us visiting often. My friend J would be so proud. Swimming. Aquatics. Who knew?

2 comments:

The Blevins' said...

so fun!! Were you scared taking him in the water though. I guess as experienced parents you have the hang of this now...but i would be nervous i would let the kid go or something. So fun that you guys and the nelsons hung out.

Meve & Co. said...

what's really funny to me is I did not know you were taking pictures...sarah brought this entry to my attention. i guess i was preoccupied with c & n.=)
we had a blast, and the food was yummy!