Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pops has a birthday

This past weekend was my dad's birthday party in LJ. We made the drive down (phew, second time!) with N and had a good time visiting. We're pooped, but glad we made the trip. We ended up seeing almost everyone on both sides of the family, so it was well worth the effort. Here are some highlights...

Grammy got to meet both of her great-grandsons for the first time. C is on the left, and N is on the right. N looks like a giant next to C, but I'm sure they'll be the same size and crazy in no time.

E caught N smiling at me while we were playing at my dad's birthday party. N was in a terrific mood all weekend, so it was fun to have him around family.

N and C together... Sometime very soon they're going to be out of control. For now they're fairly passive.

Four generations... My mom, me, N, and my grandma. It's amazing that we all got in the same picture at the same time. We're lucky to have such a close family.
Finally - here's a video of N... He was a little fussy after the long drive back to the big D, so E and I were playing with him in his tummy time mat. He smiled at us in the video, so I felt like I had to post it. Unfortunately we don't have any fancy video editing software, so you're going to get the initial fussiness as well as the glimpse of me checking out the red light. (And E saying that he's talking crazy talk.) Regardless, the image of N doing one of his big smiles is worth sharing. (And to prove to my brother that he actually does it...)

2 comments:

Sarah, Blake, Evan, Julia said...

embrace the passivity b/c you are right -they will be little monkeys soon and great buddies too!

Jennelle and Greg said...

What a cute smile :)