Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer in Texas

Summer is officially here. Out of the last 20 days, 19 have had temperatures over 100. It's ridiculous. I can't even imagine what the electric bill will look like. Ugh. Temperatures this high mean that E and I spend a good amount of time indoors. Our newborn can't handle being outside in weather like that. Our chocolate lab would melt. We would melt.

To pass the time, N likes to nap during the heat of the day, regardless of where he is. Here he's using E as a pillow. Apparently he's really comfortable. There are some good things to be said for summer in Texas. Check out a small sampling of the produce we picked up at Costco. I do mean small sampling. This is Costco after all.
This is Zoee spending time inside. She doesn't much care for the heat unless it involves swimming. She spends the day chewing on this cow knee bone. Seems gross to me, but she enjoys it.
Something else Zoee can do to pass time in the summer? Shed. Think we ought to make a sweater with all this? I think we've got enough for something for N to wear. E threw his running shoe down there for some perspective.
That's just gross. We're not going to do that.

1 comment:

Mrs. Robinson said...

Oh the joys of dog hair! I see know what I have to look forward to with Bailey.