Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Merry (early) Christmas to us!

E and I have the day off today, which we decided to capitalize on by shopping for Christmas gifts. This includes shopping for ourselves - though we pretend that it's all philanthropic and whatnot. I've been drooling over this Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer for years now, and I've decided that I wanted it for Christmas. What else would be useful when you needed tot make 7 pounds of mashed potatoes at once? Nothing else will do! Fortunately for me, I'm married to a foodie whose desire for this machine matches mine. What is a couple to do? We have a perfectly acceptable hand mixer.

The only solution? Buy it for each other for Christmas! We've made a deal. No big surprise gifts are to show up on Christmas morning. We're both going to be too busy making pies and pasta (with the pasta attachment) with our new toy.

1 comment:

desertratette said...

Well, I am very jealous, as I too, having been looking at this kitchen marvel for quite some time (although hate to admit that I even step into a kitchen) Be sure to post how it works for you, and maybe I will break down and get one.