Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our own history in the making

On today, November 4th, 2008, a day when history will be made and this country elects either our first black president or our first female vice president, E and I have big news of our own. We've been waiting to share, and in a break from following election coverage and reading about the election and being overwhelmed by the whole democratic process, we thought we'd post about it.
What you're looking at is exactly what you think it is. Well, except that it's already almost three weeks old. This is a picture of our baby - taken on October 15th. We were 9 weeks along then, and we're 12 weeks along tomorrow. Only one more week until we're past the whole of the first trimester!

I've been feeling fine, with none of the terrible things that happen to some women during the first trimester. I've been nauseous only a few times, and mostly it was because I let myself get too hungry. Being hungry while being pregnant is like nothing I've ever experienced before. When you get hungry, it is time to eat *NOW* - regardless of what is going on around you. I don't care if the priest is talking - if I don't eat right now in the middle of Mass I will quite possibly pass out. Either that or I might throw up and eat anything even resembling food all at the same time. It's bizarre, but apparently quite normal to feel this way.

My clothes still fit (but I bet if you knew me before you'd wonder if I'd stopped doing crunches or started really living it up with the Blue Bell). I'm still exercising, and I'm trying to get all my running in now as my doctor doesn't want me to keep running after 20 weeks. She says that elliptical machines and walking are good enough and that running will cause too much stretching. I have no idea what that means, but it doesn't sound pleasant. I had to give up my soccer team for the duration of the pregnancy, which really makes me sad, but hopefully they'll have me back after the baby is born and I've recovered.

We're really excited about Baby H. E has been amazing through the whole thing. He watches me like a hawk. He's there with a snack before I realize I need one. He makes me rest when I'm getting worn out and won't slow down. He even has a book called "The Expectant Father's Guide" that he has been reading. Sometimes he knows things even I don't! I couldn't ask for a better husband.

Anyway, that's our big story! Look for news on Isabelle Kay/Nathan Dean as things develop.

7 comments:

Meve & Co. said...

I didn't think about asking about the exercising since I kept it up w/ Natalie til the very end...I'm almost 20 weeks...since we have the same doctor, I will ask too. I do run, well sometimes.=)

Meve & Co. said...

By the way, wouldn't it be great if our husbands could keep some Paciugo on hand at all times for us?!?

kathleen said...

Aw, a little enginerd in training! Congrats.

Jennelle and Greg said...

Hooray! Congrats again! We were wondering when you would make the announcement ;) Cute names :)

Lauren & Phil said...

Wow- congrats!! Such exciting news!! We are so happy for you.

The Blevins' said...

Oh my gosh!! How exciting is that. I am so so so happy for you guys. Can't wait to meet little H.

Rory-n-Jeremy said...

That is great news!!! Congrats - can't wait to hear more! =)