Sunday, July 13, 2008

Imagine waking up to this face

This weekend Zoee and I are on our own. With E off on a trip with his padre, she and I had the run of the house. So instead of falling asleep in my comfy bed where I like to sleep, I nodded off watching a movie on the couch. Rather than moving, I ended up spending the night there. My dog loves the couch because when I lay on it she and I are eye level. She woke me up with a swift poke of the nose at about 6:30 am. After that, she spent the remainder of the morning continually blocking my view of such guilty pleasures as "Saved by the Bell".

Probably for the best. Upon her insistence, I got myself off the couch and was productive. I went to the garden center, purchased a bunch of flowers and potting soil, and set to fixing up our garden. Yes, I know it's late the season for this. Yes, I know that flowers have a hard time taking hold when it's 100 degrees outside. However, I also know that I absolutely despised walking into our house and looking at the dead azalea bush and horrible horrible cabbage plants. So I pulled these up and replaced them with beautiful hibiscus plants and a new knockout rosebush. (The other one is doing so well!) I already feel better.

No comments: