Sunday, July 20, 2008

Two and a half years

My wonderful husband and I have been married for two and a half years as of tomorrow. Why, you might wonder, would two people celebrate a half-year anniversary? Well, I will tell you.

The first reason? We like each other. Really. We do. Talking to each other is a serious highlight in both of our days, so if we can isolate some time to enjoy it, we do.

The second reason? This dress that I'm wearing. That's right. We orchestrated a situation in which I could wear this dress, because I've owned it for almost a year and have yet to find the appropriate season/event to which it can be worn. For this, my husband decided that our two point five was the perfect occasion to bust it out.

To celebrate our half-year anniversary and to wear the dress, we went to a certain Dallas dining establishment known for their triumvirate of forks. At this particular restaurant, they are well known for their steaks and if you are me, their truffle speckled creamed corn. It is one of those places where you have a waiter dedicated to only your table, you never ever run out of ice water, and they are very careful to scrape all the crumbs off the table between courses with that little bread scraper thingie. This is a restaurant where the valet always parks the cars that cost approximately half as much as your house in front and your bug splattered vehicle gets shunted to the back with the rest of the common folk.

We enjoyed delicious scallops wrapped in bacon, the most incredible steak of all time (I get the filet, he has the NY strip), followed by bread pudding and creme brulee. We had a fabulous bottle of wine and some terrific coffee. I'm not one to leave a good dessert down, but I will admit that I gave up on the bread pudding. After all of the creamed corn I just didn't have room. We drove ourselves home and jumped out of our fancy duds into pjs on the couch, to drift into a fantastic food-induced coma. I will admit that our III Forks waiter seemed a bit abashed when we gave our reason for visiting (the anniversary, not the dress). Regardless of our waiter's feelings on what is suitable for celebration, we had a fabulous time.

3 comments:

Sarah, Blake, Evan, Julia said...

What a fabulous dress only enhanced by the beautiful woman wearing it! Too bad half of it is hidden behind the banister. You will have to find another good, if a bit uncommon, reason to celebrate and wear it.

The Blevins' said...

Beautiful dress!! Sounds like it was a fun evening!

Meve & Co. said...

You look fabulous! Erich, you look very nice too.=) Way to go on having a great date together!=)