Saturday, September 19, 2009

Baby care stats

Duration of parenthood = approximately 4 months (or 13 months, depending on if you count the pregnancy or not)
Baby colds contracted = 2 for A, 0 for E, 3 for N
Breastfeeding problems dealt with = 2 for A, N/A for E, 0 for N
Diapers changed = approximately 5 million (divided evenly between A and E, 0 for N)
Ear infections = 1 for N (0 for A and E)
Toes discovered = 10 for N (0 for A and E - we already knew where they were)
Smiles bestowed = Enough to make us fall in love a billion times

And the latest and greatest...

Pinkeye problems = 1 for A, 0 for E and N

---
Pinkeye? Really? I thought I had at least until first grade to wait for this. But nope. Apparently a kid in N's school has pinkeye, and through the magic of breastmilk protection he's immune somehow. But he's like a carrier monkey. Brought it on home and poked it right in my little eye. Now I can't spy much of anything with it, short of puffy eyelids and reddish sclera. Good thing I like this little guy. Also good that I've already experienced the chicken pox.

3 comments:

The Blevins' said...

oh pink eye is terrible. Ben had pink eye twice this year...not a cheap one to fix either (i did a blog post on that too). Oh joy, joy. Sorry you have to deal with that...at least the little guy doesn't have it. He sure is cutie, so it's easy to forgive him.

The Falcones said...

My lactation consultant would tell you to squirt breastmilk in your eye...hahaha!!! I wish I was kidding but she swears it's a magical potion! = )

Meve & Co. said...

Ah fun...pink eye. Matt got it from Claire once. Good times.