Friday, April 17, 2009

Measuring 4 days big...

Today I had a sonogram to determine (approximately) how big baby H is right now. This is to give the doctor some idea how big he'll be at birth. Currently we're 35 weeks and 2 days, but apparently he measures at 35 weeks and 6 days. He's weighing in at a whopping 6 pounds, 1 ounce and is about 18 inches long. Seems crazy to me, but it just means he's getting ready to meet the world. He's head down and dropping, so it looks like it could be sooner than later.

The baby shower for my nephew is this weekend in the big LJ, and I asked the doctor if everything looked good for me to go down there. She said that everything looked pretty good - but that it was a bad idea for me to drive myself that far. Fortunately, my husband is coming with. Unfortunately, he is currently stuck in the Denver airport waiting for a weather window to catch his flight home from his training class. Apparently his flight has only been delayed a few hours, but with him already not getting home until midnight... It's going to be a long day for him tomorrow. I hope he gets home though. Aside from really wanting to go to the shower, I just miss him. It will be good to see him whenever it is he walks through the door.

Wonder if he'll think the baby has grown...

1 comment:

The Falcones said...

I still can't believe how close y'all are!