Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hockey time

Yesterday E and I took the time to head to a Dallas Stars hockey game. The only time I have been to see the stars before involved E and I sitting in the very last row of the American Airlines center. I'm talking, the very very very last row. I needed binoculars. It was fun, but I could have absorbed nearly as much watching the game on the TV at home.

Imagine our delight then at having tickets on the 12th row! We were right on the ice - we could even feel the cold-ness! It was super fun. I was very grateful for the glass and giant net that they put up behind the goals. Those pucks are really moving. As I watched Turco's backside during the first and third periods, I decided that being a hockey goalie is definitely not a job of the weak at heart.

It was a great time, even if the Stars lost. Go Stars! Get them next time.

No comments: