Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just like in the Grinch

It's been two years, I finally decided to update the blog background. We're feeling bright and summery, so I moved to something like that.

This morning we were lucky enough to get to spend some time with some very good friends of ours. We all went swimming and then headed to lunch. All this excitement was apparently more than N is used to, because his regular afternoon nap wasn't the typical 1.5-2 hours, but was 3 hours long. He headed to bed early too.

One of the best things about getting to hang out with our friends is getting to talk to my friend E. Given I'm expecting our second, it's nice to talk to her about what it's like to go from one kiddo to two. There's so much to learn. It's always reassuring to hear from her and to know that there's plenty of space in my heart for two kids.

Apparently it's like in the Grinch. Your heart just grows with every kiddo. This is very very good to know. I can't wait to meet Barrett. I'm hoping he and N become the best of friends.

2 comments:

Meve & Co. said...

awwwww...love talking w/ you too.=) i can't wait until N & P (and B!) really know one another as buddies!=)

Lauren Eastburn said...

Love the name! We have a nice one of those in our family, too. :)