Sunday, January 11, 2009

Little boy blue


We successfully painted our little guy's room. It's light blue, with a light blue ceiling and chocolate brown stripes on the wall. We think it looks fabulous for a little boy, and hopefully when he gets here he agrees.
It turns out that putting stripes on a wall is not, in fact, the easiest task in the world. Our walls are textured, so even with the help of painter's tape, a laser level, and a tape measure, the stripes aren't perfect. There are small places where the brown paint was able to seep through and make the lines fuzzy. Somehow, I've grown to like it. There's something nice about the imperfections, something soft about the lines. I thought it would make me crazy, but I think now it's - what's the word - character.

This room's got character.

3 comments:

Rory-n-Jeremy said...

It sure looks great! =) I know he will love it!

Meve & Co. said...

he will definitely love it!

Jennelle and Greg said...

Looks fab!