Sunday, January 18, 2009

Anniversary celebrating

E and I have an anniversary coming up. For our half-year anniversary we took a trip to a fancy steakhouse in Dallas, so we figured for our full-year actual anniversary we ought to at least do the same. This past Friday we visited yet a different steakhouse in the Dallas metro, The Silver Fox. The Silver Fox is owned by the same people who own III Forks, which we visited this summer, so there is a distinct similarity between the two restaurants. Most notably, the use of truffle oil in almost all of the sides. Yum yum yum.

I've noticed as of late that when I'm hungry, I'm VERY hungry. I feel as if I might resort to eating anything at all if I don't get food - NOW. In contrast, I get full almost instantaneously. Even though I'm starving as if I've not eaten for three days, after a few bites I'm feeling full and happy. I think it has something to do with some kiddo squishing my stomach to a less than normal size. So the plus side of this is that I have almost an entire steak dinner* to enjoy tonight. Complete with truffle oil drizzled creamed corn and asparagus.

The neat part of this anniversary celebrating is that it's not over yet. This weekend we're headed to Denver to visit friends we love. While we're there we're going to have dinner at our traditional anniversary dinner spot - Luca di Italia. For those who live in Denver (and especially those who are not pregnant) - go to Luca. Have the chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. It is a three hour taste explosion that I cannot begin to describe here. I'm telling you, E and I get it every time, and every time I have been surprised and enchanted by delicious dinner and the magical way it pairs with the wine. Even if you aren't from Denver, this spot is worth visiting.

* Yes, I know reheated steak is not nearly as good as original steak. But people, it's steak!

No comments: