Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting industrious

E and I decided to get industrious this last weekend of the holidays. We have removed all plates from all light switches in the future nursery in preparation for painting. Now E is something of a pro at painting, as he worked as a painter to sustain himself throughout high school, but I am what you might call a novice. Okay, I'm terrible. I don't know anything about the finer points of putting paint on the walls. Thankfully, I'm married to a very patient man who understands that I like to "help". This mainly consists of me slapping paint in the safe regions using a roller while E does all the fine work like around the trim. This is okay with me, as I know I would be terrible at this anyway.
In addition to the removal of plates, we purchased many miniature cans of paint. These are testers, E has told me, though all of my previous tests have simply involved me buying gallons of paint, coming home, painting the entire room, and realizing I hated it. I can see that this a much better plan. Above are the three testers that we finally settled on for painting the nursery. Only two trips to Lowes were necessary. (Well, plus one more this week to actually buy the rest of the paint to cover the walls.)
Okay, after buying the testers, it's apparently customary to paint different areas of the room different colors and then look at them in various lights. Who knew? We had originally thought that we'd go with green, but after some looking, we decided to move forward with blue with brown stripes. Hopefully this looks as good as I have imagined it in my head. If nothing else - I'll get some practice for when we repaint! More to come as we complete this project. To be done next weekend...

No comments: