Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor day without laboring

She is a certain first full week at work at a company in the wide wonderful world that is Denver, Colorado. Aurora, to be exact. Both of us are terrified and feel ridiculous, lost even. Her from Kansas, me from Texas, by way of grad school in Fort Collins. There's something about being thrown into an office together that can really cause two people to bond. What started out as a few questions at work turned into evenings full of sushi. Days full of shopping at any given mall in Colorado. Weekend trips with nothing in front of us but two whole days of mountains. I do miss her terribly, and when she and her husband decided to visit us here in Texas, we were more than happy to oblige.

What's a visit to the H household without a round of (absolutely terrible) golf? Okay, so E and I are terrible. D is even still a beginner. Her husband, hereafter referred to as R, played golf in college. So while we were out there hacking away at things, he managed to shoot par or below par on every whole. E managed to hit par once, D had a couple of amazing drives, and I even managed to get a bogey once! Trust me, when you golf like I do, a bogey is awesome. Regardless, we had a great time. So great, in fact, that the guys went out for another round the two days later while D and I hit up the stores. In between we managed to throw in some downtown Dallas touring, lots of dominoes and euchre, and even went to a Rangers game! I just wish we could see our whole dinner club again... Can't wait until we see everyone again during our February visit to Denver. That's right, I said February and Denver and visit all at once. What can I say, Texas heat will make you long for those cold winters and down comforters.


There's that one person you can always count on to do anything for you.

No comments: