Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Flushed!

This morning started like any morning - wake up too early and in a bleary mix between sleep and awake, throw on appropriate exercise attire and head to the gym before work. This is in an effort to keep myself healthy and fit, not because I really LOVE seeing 5 am.

The item shown above is an essential part of my gym paraphernalia. As important as my water bottle and my towel, my iPod shuffle keeps me entertained whilst attempting to not stare and the ridiculously top-heavy guy next to me and wondering how I can make my shoulders look like that lady's. Not her. HER. Oh, wait, I meant while working out. I love the little shuffle. I wear it clipped to my shorts, completely out of the way.

In addition to being completely out of the way, clipped to my shorts is also, apparently, a very dangerous place to be when I have to take my last bathroom break before heading out in the morning. This morning the little shuffle lost it's vice-like grip on my shorts and went tumbling headfirst right into the drink. That's right - potty 1, shuffle, 0.

Seeing as how no actual potty activity had taken place, I fished it out and let it dry over the duration of the day, fearing the worst. However, amazingly enough, it works this afternoon. It's a miracle!

This did prompt a series of discussions of just what is your toilet price. What would you abandon in a toilet under what circumstances? I'll say this. Anywhere but my house, I might have let it go. Apparently my toilet price outside of my own home is my beloved iPod shuffle.

1 comment:

Meve & Co. said...

I'm really glad it all came out ok...=)