Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our new addition

I remember a time (pre-baby) that blog posts were witty and sharp, full of interesting and exciting observations about my otherwise regular life. Then the baby was born, and the blog quickly turned to more pictures than observations. Now we're expecting our second kiddo, and I can only speculate what life is going to be like after baby numero dos arrives. Maybe all words will stop entirely and you'll have to figure out what's going on in our lives via pictorial interpretation. Regardless, that all remains to be seen.

What doesn't remain to be seen - baby #2's sex! We found out today. Our second kiddo is...

A BOY!

That's right - I'm about to be overrun by testosterone. When we head to the movies later in life, cars and explosions will always win out over romantic comedies. Sports will win over shopping.

I'm partial to cars and explosions. I really like sports.

Needless to say, E and I are excited about this. N and his future little brother will have SO MUCH FUN together. I will be honest, there was a part of me that wanted a little girl. I kind of expected to be disappointed if it wasn't a little girl. But when our doctor turned to us and said, "It's a boy!", disappointment is not the feeling I had. I was elated, exactly the way I felt when we found out what N was.

I can't wait to meet this little man. I hope he's ready to be loved more than he can even imagine.

3 comments:

The Falcones said...

We are very excited to meet the little dude in a couple of months!

Meve & Co. said...

Yeah! I'm so glad he cooperated this time! 2 boys means more girl time, right?

Lauren & Phil said...

Okay, I'm a little behind. But I finally am catching up on blogs... and CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet your second little boy! :)