Sunday, December 14, 2008

Booked the babymoon

There's a trend (apparently) among expecting couples to take a babymoon, which apparently one last hurrah before the baby comes. Supposedly this is like a honeymoon, but seeing as how our honeymoon consisted of bikinis, champagne, tequila, and lots and lots of lounging on tropical beaches, I just don't see that as a fitting thing to do whilst preggers.

Instead, we're going to visit our friends in Denver! I know I've mentioned this before, but we actually booked tickets now. (What an amazing deal. Southwest, what did I do without you? Oh yeah, enjoy my flight more but pay more than twice as much for it.) We'll be in Denver from January 22nd until January 25th, which is, I realize, one of the coldest times of year to visit Denver. Maybe it will make me appreciate my Texas humidity more. I know it will give me a chance to appreciate my friends more. That, and visit all the resturants we miss so terribly since we've moved. You know, lots of our travel revolves around food...

Plus, this is right after our anniversary, so we're trying to bill it as a anniversary present to ourselves. Seems to be working.

No comments: